Re: [O] Bug in export of call lines

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Bug in export of call lines
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:38:05 -0600

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha Nicolas,
>
> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>>
>>> I've been dusting off a draft paper written when the new export
>>> framework was still in contrib. Now that I've brought the file
>>> up-to-date so that it exports asynchronously again, I'm getting an error
>>> that wasn't there before.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Note the new line after each call result and the premature termination
>>> of the {description} environment.
>>
>> It would help to see the source of "axe-x-section" and "axe-wt". Do they
>> insert spurious newline characters?
>>
>> Also, you can call (org-export-execute-babel-code) to get what is really
>> parsed once Babel code is expanded.
>
> That's a big help.  Thanks.
>
> It appears that executing the R code block does insert a newline. This
> must be the behavior that changed.
>
>   executing R code block (axe-x-section)...
>   Wrote
> /var/folders/fp/mgkcqpy17clb6dzh3_xgs0n80000gn/T/babel-78240Cke/ob-input-78240NlJ
>   "3.7 \\texttimes 2
>   "
>   executing Emacs-Lisp code block...
>
>   (results (quote "3.7 \\texttimes 2
>   "))
>
> Here is the source code:
>
>   *** Cross-section of a particular tool, in cm
>   #+name: axe-x-section
>   #+header: :var t=final-axe-table
>   #+header: :var a="3141"
>   #+header: :results raw
>   #+BEGIN_SRC R
>   w <- t[t[,2]==a,16]/10
>   th <- t[t[,2]==a,18]/10
>   paste0(w, '\\texttimes', th)
>   #+END_SRC
>   #+results: axe-x-section
>   3.9\texttimes2

I believe this issue of newlines returned from inline code blocks
(specifically with R) came up on the list recently, but unfortunately I
can't find the conversation.

Somehow this doesn't seem to be a problem with other languages, so I
believe the necessary fix may be R specific.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte