[O] [bug] #+constants line has to be at column 0

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] [bug] #+constants line has to be at column 0
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:17:46 +0000

Hello,

Unlike some other #+ directives, the #+constants: one has to be at
column 0 or else it is not understood/parsed by org.  This has
consequences for lists.  See attached example.

#+TITLE:     examplebug.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga

* Table constants
Assume that I have a list:
1. and in this list, one of the entries is a table
2. This is the table
#+constants: param=-5

   |   | X |  Y |
   | ! | x |  y |
   |---+---+----|
   | # | 1 | -4 |
   | # | 2 | -3 |
   | # | 3 | -2 |
   #+TBLFM: $3=$x+$param

1. The constants line cannot be indented as it is not understood if it is.
2. This means that the list has been interrupted.
Obviously, I can move the constants line elsewhere and/or use the $
directive within the table but I thought that this was an inconsistency
in the parsing of org files?  Maybe not?

Org up to date and verified with emacs -Q.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-687-g9d39aa