[O] [ANN] ox-opml.el -- Export Org files to OPML

From: Eric Davis
Subject: [O] [ANN] ox-opml.el -- Export Org files to OPML
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 08:16:56 -0700

All,

I just wanted to pass along a project I've been working on in the hope some of you find useful: https://github.com/edavis/org-opml

ox-opml.el is an export backend that takes Org mode outlines and exports them to OPML. OPML is a standard file format used by RSS aggregators and note/outliner applications.

I've tried dozens of outliner applications but none of them top Org mode for me. The only thing I needed was a way to export my Org notes to OPML.

I couldn't find anything after looking around, so I decided to write my own exporter. This is my first elisp of any real complexity, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I used the HTML and RSS export backends to get familiar with the export system.

So, please, take it for a spin. I'm looking for any and all feedback/bug reports/pull requests.

If there's enough interest, I'd love to see it eventually land in contrib.

- Eric

(PS: Please copy me on any replies as I'm not subscribed to the list. Thanks!)