Re: [O] Babel should not work in the subtree marked as not exported

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Babel should not work in the subtree marked as not exported
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:40:58 +0100

Samuel Wales wrote:
>> No.  This has been raised previously and there was a consensus that it
>> is often desirable for code in a COMMENT section to be evaluated on
>> export.  Personally I often stuff code blocks into COMMENT sections
>> which I want run as part of my publishing process (e.g., to create
>> resources used in the exported document).
>
> i won't go against consensus, but to me the expectation is that it
> acts just like commented lines.
>
> for your use case, could you use a section marked noexport or
> org-export-with-tasks?  i would use the latter.

I was thinking as well that this had been discussed previously, and that
the decision had been:

- COMMENT is equivalent to "noexport" and "noeval", i.e. no code blocks
  are run

- "noexport" just does that: no export, but code blocks can be run.

But I don't find any evidence of this.  I must have misunderstood.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban