Re: [O] Context of interaction vs. literal syntactic interpretation

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Context of interaction vs. literal syntactic interpretation
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:46:20 +0100

Matt Lundin wrote:
> Nicolas is doing amazing work at making org file parsing more
> systematic, precise, and predictable. (Thank you!) And I agree with him
> that a function named org-open-link-at-point should, for the sake of
> precision and consistency, only open a link at the point.
>
> I also agree that such a function should do nothing in the context of a
> comment, which should simply be a string. FWIW, it seems to me that
> there are still several places in the source code that could be cleaned
> up in this way. For instance, org-mode code examples designated for
> export have unwanted effects in the agenda. Try putting this in an
> agenda file...
>
> * An example
> : * Watch me
> :  <2014-03-03 Mon 9:00>

FYI, I do have similar "problems" in a file (which is also part of
org-agenda-files) where I have this (to explain how to use Org
timestamps):

For example, a weekly report that must be filed during the following work week
could be described with

#+begin_src org
,SCHEDULED: <2014-03-20 Thu +1w/12d>
#+end_src

For ranges, you can try:

#+begin_src org
,<2014-03-19 Wed 15:00-17:00 +1w>.
#+end_src

Both timestamps appear in my Org agenda when at the given date.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban