Re: [O] Extending the Org syntax by a custom exporter - how to do it?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Extending the Org syntax by a custom exporter - how to do it?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 12:57:49 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought about it.  But, as I said, I'm going to have two backends,
> one for LaTeX, one for HTML.  WOuld it be possible to have e.g.
>
> #+ATTR_TEST
>
> working for both?

Of course. You decide, at the backend level, what attributes are read.
For example, "ox-beamer.el" reads both "ATTR_LATEX" and "ATTR_BEAMER",
when it makes sense.

> (Anyway, options after #+BEGIN_MYBLOCK would be a bit nicer, since the
> user would not have to type /that/ much.)

This is backend specific data. It would not be nice to hide that fact.

Options on the same line as the block opening string should be reserved
for backend agnostic data. There is none for special blocks at the
moment.

> I tried to look for math-block in ox-latex.el, but did not find it.  I
> have Org-mode from Elpa, org-version gives:
>
> Org-mode version 8.2.5f
> (8.2.5f-elpa @ /home/marcin/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140116/)
>
> Should I upgrade?

IIRC the feature is in master, not in maint, so upgrading through ELPA
won't help. But you can browse the repository online.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou