Re: [O] Bug: Setting system command org-file-apps does not allow other s

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Setting system command org-file-apps does not allow other settings to refer to it [8.2.5h (release_8.2.5h-620-g7fd183 @ /home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/package/elpa/org-20140210/)]
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:17:16 +0000

On 17 March 2014 12:37, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Reuben Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know, because I don't know whether it's the behavior or
> documentation that is wrong.

If the behavior is wrong, what is wrong?

If the documentation is wrong, what is wrong?

I shall assume it's a bug in the code.

0. The docstring for org-file-apps for the "system" command says:

                  This command is specified by the entry whose car is `system'.
                  Most likely, the system-specific version of this variable
                  does define this command, but you can overrule/replace it
                  here.

1. I customize org-file-apps's system command to be "xdg-open %s", then
customize the default command to be the system command.

2. Now I try opening a file type which uses the default command.

Expected result: xdg-open should be used.

Actual result: the file is opened in Emacs (it's a PDF file, xdg-open would open it in evince).

If I explicitly customize the default command also to be "xdg-open", then I get the expected result.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org