Re: [O] org-cook

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] org-cook
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:34:55 -0400

Hi,

This isn't directly related to Org, but I'll mention it anyway since
people are discussing quantities and "scale" for their
recipes. Various programming languages have "physical units" packages
that can make working with units quite fun. I use the python
"Quantities" package
http://pythonhosted.org/quantities/user/tutorial.html . It lets you
define custom quantities such as how many grams of butter are in a
stick, etc. A wrapper to this would let you convert Org recipe
shopping lists from units of "g" and "teaspoon" to units of "sticks"
and "fluid oz".

  -k.