Re: [O] Radio targets with mixed capitalisation do not work in HTML expo

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Radio targets with mixed capitalisation do not work in HTML export
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:50:47 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> path is always a string. Description is always parsed (and transcoded
> already). In the most simple cases, they are equals.

I found out I have to parse the path because "hello \alpha" would not
be exported correctly otherwise.  (But I agree this is a corner case.)

> 5174495 adds contents to radio links (and, because of this, introduces
> an infloop in `org-element-context' on master, but that's another
> story). Your change parses link's contents on the fly. So this is mostly
> equivalent, albeit more verbose in all exporters.

Yes, I parsed the link's contents on the fly just for the purpose of
this small patch, but a general solution is better.

> So the question is : should we consider a radio-link as a link with
> a description, which would basically be its parsed path?

I think so.

> I think it is
> useful because its contents can differ from its relative radio-target,
> due to case-insensitivity.

Indeed.

Can you make the change (ie. radio-link is a link with a description,
the description being its parsed path)?  If so, do you want me to make
the change in the backends or do you want to take care of this too?

Thanks,

--
 Bastien