Re: [O] following org links to gnus messages and window management

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] following org links to gnus messages and window management
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:48:14 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> - if not, is there a way to copy a link then open it using the
>>   minibuffer (I would then do the switch to screen 0 manually)?
>
> This does not use the minibuffer but you could add that:
>
> (progn
>   (org-next-link)
>   (org-open-link-from-string
>    (org-element-property :raw-link (org-element-link-parser))))

This was most helpful: I just need to copy the link I want to follow, go
to the first screen, and interactively call `org-open-link-from-string'.
This works great for the moment.

>> - finally, do you have alternative window management options to suggest
>>   that would work well with following links to gnus messages?
>
> Well, all I can think of now is
>
> (setq org-agenda-window-setup 'other-frame)

Thanks, but I'm trying to avoid using several frames. (OS
X unfortunately does not come with a window manager that I like ...)

Thanks again,

Alan