Re: [O] [BABEL] BUG Re: Omitting try/catch blocks fro m tangled R code?

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] [BABEL] BUG Re: Omitting try/catch blocks fro m tangled R code?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:07:02 +0000 (UTC)

John Hendy <jw.hendy <at> gmail.com> writes:

[deleted]

> > I think the default behavior should be reverted, as tangling and
> > exporting are two different things. When I tangle, I want to see the
> > code blocks as they are in the org document (with possible variables and
> > expansions) but not to create files where I do not put it explicitly
> > into a code block. These wrappers have nothing to do with the code, and
> > are only there for the exported engine. So I would either revert to the
> > original behavior, or, introduce a new header argument,
> > e.g. :include-wrappers, which would, if set to t, include the export
> > wrappers in the tangled file. This might be useful for debugging
> > exporting of code block results, but not for general tangling.
>
> Thanks for chiming in. This was my gut reaction to the default
> behavior. I guess we're still only a sample size of 2, but
> intuitively, I would think that tangling would be a separate beast in
> most cases from exporting. Just to have it on the record, if I tangle,
> it's usually to take the code I've used in something like a Beamer
> presentation or document and combine it into a single .R file so
> someone can run it without needing Org-mode.

]deleted]

Sorry to be late to add my $0.02...

I never want the try/catch wrappers.

But noweb is indispensable.

I use noweb a lot to organize and collect blocks. In some cases, I export
them and in others I just tangle them.

I hope that the revised code will allow me to turn off try/catch wrapping
and still be able to use noweb when tangling or exporting.

Best,

Chuck