[O] Verify Org-mode syntax

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Verify Org-mode syntax
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:14:17 +0100

Hi!

Is there a method to verify Org-mode files?

Currently, I do have some issues like [1] which sometimes cause "loss
of data" [2] and multiple times a day(!) my Emacs enters some endless
loop so that I have to kill it [3]. Very annoying and frustrating.

Therefore, I've got the feeling that at least some issues are
related to messed up Org-mode syntax like [1].

How can I verify Org-mode syntax to identify at least some obvious
issues?

Thanks!

  1. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/83167

  2. This is somewhat exaggerated. When a time-stamp on the wrong
  position messes up a SCHEDULED line, the issue never gets listed
  on my agenda and is therefore "lost" to me.

  3. Both, on Windows and Linux!

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github