Re: [O] Verify Org-mode syntax

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Verify Org-mode syntax
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:56:32 +0100

* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Nicolas!

> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Currently, I do have some issues like [1] which sometimes cause "loss
>> of data" [2] and multiple times a day(!) my Emacs enters some endless
>> loop so that I have to kill it [3]. Very annoying and frustrating.
>>
>> Therefore, I've got the feeling that at least some issues are
>> related to messed up Org-mode syntax like [1].
>>
>> How can I verify Org-mode syntax to identify at least some obvious
>> issues?
>>
>>   1. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/83167
>>
>>   2. This is somewhat exaggerated. When a time-stamp on the wrong
>>   position messes up a SCHEDULED line, the issue never gets listed
>>   on my agenda and is therefore "lost" to me.
>>
>>   3. Both, on Windows and Linux!
>
> [1] should be fixed. Does it still happen with a recent Org?

Yippie! :-) Yes, it is fixed now.

> [3] should be fixed too. Please update Org.

Did I understand you correctly? There was an issue with an endless
CPU-consuming loop which should be gone now?

If yes, I have to check the next days since this annoying issue is
not reproducible with a certain operation. It happens from time to
time on misc operations such as adding a "|" in front of a line,
re-scheduling a task on the agenda, swapping table lines, and so on.

> I don't understand [2], though. Could you show an example?

With [1] I had the issue with lines like:
:LAST_REPEAT: [2014-03-16 Sun 16:19]:LOGBOOK:
which messed up the LOGBOOK drawer at least.

I do not have a clue, which Org-mode elements were messed up as
well. Therefore, I asked for a quick/rough syntax checking method
for my files.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github