Re: [O] Org release 8.2.5g (minor release from maint)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Org release 8.2.5g (minor release from maint)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:08:53 +0100

Hi Richard,

thanks for your detailed account on The Debian Way.

Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:

> If introducing a dependency on cl-lib right now
> will be the best thing for Org, I have no real objections; if it can be
> put off for a while without significant cost, that would be great, but
> it isn't necessary.

I suggest we make this happen for Org 9.0.

The big version number will be scary enough to make people carefully
check backward compatibility issues.

We could even stick to this policy: no backward compatibility issue
between minor (i.e. X.X) versions.  I think it's close to what we've
been doing so far.

In the meantime, I suggest we add a comment on top of compatibility
functions that we might remove in Org 9.0.

Eric, could you do that based on the list you provided?

Thanks to both,

--
 Bastien