Re: [O] Is there an environment for Org syntax?

From: Fletcher Charest
Subject: Re: [O] Is there an environment for Org syntax?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:36:42 +0100

Hi Bastien,

> The indentation of the exported HTML looks correct to me:
> "some text" is right below "*** Third level"

> The HTML color of the leading stars is taken from the org-hide face.
> When your background is black, the org-hide face is black, hence the
> color you see in the HTML output.

Let me reformulate.

I'm looking for a way to tell the HTML exporter how to format Org syntax. I was expecting it to format it according to my own preferences. For example, I usually set org-indent-mode to t since it is cleaner. But this is not taken into account by the HTML exporter: it produces a 'standard' Org syntax, the one you get by default without any configuration, with visible leading stars and no indentation. Is it possible to change that?

Two other minor observations.

1. I changed the org-hide face to other colors, like red (just for trying, since I didn't know about that possibility). As soon as I export an Org buffer to HTML, the org-hide face comes back to its initial value: the leading stars are back from red to invisible. This might be anormal.

2. About the black leading stars in my previous posts, I found the problem: when org-indent-mode is activated by setting org-startup-indented to t, it produces black leading stars in my HTML output. This doesn't happen when it is activated using the org-indent-mode function or when '#+STARTUP: indent' is in the file. This might be a bug too.

Thanks for your time,

FC