[O] Better way to specify the latex documentclass of an exported file wi

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] Better way to specify the latex documentclass of an exported file without changing my configuration?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 09:37:27 +0100

Hello,

I'm collaborating on a paper with some colleagues, and I convinced them
to use org-mode. I'm trying to make sure the paper is as self-contained
as possible (I don't want them to have to change their emacs
configuration file). To change the documentclass name of the exported
article, I added the following block in a section that is not exported:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent :exports results
  (add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
               '("llncs"
                 "\\documentclass{llncs}"
                 ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
                 ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
                 ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")))
#+end_src

My questions are:
- is there a way to do this without an emacs-lisp block?
- is there a nicer way to make sure that an emacs-lisp block is
evaluated upon export than ":exports results :results silent"? (If
I don't put it there, the block is not evaluated.)
- is there a way to just say the name of the documentclass without all
the boilerplate code below? In other words, can I say "this is a llncs
documentclass with the same sectioning as an article"?

Thanks,

Alan