[O] if we operate on a subtree, perhaps we could adjust levels

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] if we operate on a subtree, perhaps we could adjust levels
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:44:24 -0700

in maint, if you encrypt with org-crypt on an entry with children, then
demote, then decrypt, the subtree levels do not match up.
for example, the children can end up as uncle/aunt nodes.

maybe something like these are possibilities:

  1) optionally adjust subtree levels to match the location
     of the header at time of decryption.  this is similar
     to how org-yank behaves.  it would have to re-encrypt
     if you encrypt, demote, decrypt, encrypt.

  2) optionally put the subtree in an org source block so
     that it is no longer an active subtree (can't search
     headlines in agenda, they are not where they belong, can't export
as part of parent, have to edit with c-c ')

  3) restrict the function to only operate on body text
     (can't do subtrees).

  4) status quo (allow outline corruption at user's risk).

  5) a combination.

maybe there are more possibilities.

comments?

samuel