Re: [O] ignoreheading in LaTeX export

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] ignoreheading in LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:24:39 +0100

> I suggest to use the dedicated MATCH argument for `org-map-entries':
>
>   (defun as/delete-ignored-heading (backend)
>       "Remove every headline with a tag `ignoreheading' in the
>     current buffer. BACKEND is the export back-end being used, as
>     a symbol."
>       (org-map-entries
>        (lambda () (delete-region (point) (progn (forward-line) (point))))
>        "+ignoreheading"))

Thank you, this works, with a big caveat (which makes this approach
broken for me): with the following ECM

* No Export                                                        :noexport:

test

* Heading 1                                                   :ignoreheading:

foo

* Heading 2

bar

the text under "Heading 1" is no longer present. I suspect the heading is
removed before the ":noexport:" is processed, which captures the text as
well (which is bad: the reason for the heading in the first place is to
end the ":noexport:" block). I went back to the stack-overflow
suggestion.

>> I have a followup question (purely from an aesthetic point of view, the
>> code works fine). I see that a label is still generated in the LaTeX
>> file (there is a "\label{sec-1}" with just the "\maketitle" above it).
>> Is it expected?
>
> I don't think so. Though, after a quick test, I'm unable to reproduce
> it. Do you have an ECM?

It is indeed a problem with the stack-overflow solution and not with
yours. I was confused when trying things out.

Thanks,

Alan