Re: [O] Warning when make in git

From: Andrea Rossetti
Subject: Re: [O] Warning when make in git
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:28:01 +0100

On my Win7 + MSYS + MinGW + MikTex I found a texinfo 4.13 that compiled without complaints about UTF-8. I suppose the problem is faced mostly by Mac users.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem here, so I have no clue about the contents of the .info output...

Kindest regards, Andrea

Il giorno 27/mar/2014 15:36, "Rainer M Krug" <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Andrea Rossetti <address@hidden> writes:

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer <at> krugs.de> writes:

>> This is the version info - I did not install an old one on my mac:
>>
>> ,----
>> | $ makeinfo --version
>> | makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.8
>> |
>> | Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> I guess the texinfo version is too old for UTF-8: you may see here below that
> UTF-8 is not mentioned, more recent versions have it:
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/texi2latex/texinfo/documentencoding.html#documentencodi
> ng

OK - now to the next step: makeinfo 4.8 is part of Maverick (OSX) - so
it should be not only me who sees this warning? Is this warning a
problem or can it only result in UTF-8 characters not converted into
texinfo files?

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug