[O] Zotero: import HTML --> org syntax?

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] Zotero: import HTML --> org syntax?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:43:10 -0400

Hi,

so, in my ponderously slow efforts to figure out a decent citation
workflow for Org, I am trying for some modest integration with Zotero,
which is the tool my humanities colleagues are most likely to use.

I keep all of the references for my courses in a Zotero database.
When generating a syllabus, I select a set of references, then copy
them over to my org file.  However, then I have to edit each reference
to give the appropriate italicization; in one of my courses we use APA
citation formats, which I don't really know very well, and sometimes I
make mistakes.

I can set up Zotero so that citations are copied in HTML.  That
preserves the markup I want to keep, but in a format that doesn't work
so well in an org document!  I would like to figure out a way to add
the citations with a single command that converts the HTML to org
markup.

so,

(1) is there already an HTML "import" function that I just don't know about?

(2) is anyone actually using Zotero for citations in org?  or have
people mostly given up and gone over to Bibtex instead?

Thanks very much,

Matt