Re: [O] Chapter headings

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] Chapter headings
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:49:58 -0700

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> There are probably many ways to do that, but I want to invert the
> question: *why* do you want chapter numbers in your org file?
> I would argue that they are a bad idea in the vast majority of cases.
>
> Nick

I'm just accustomed to seeing them in my working drafts. Perhaps it is I
who needs to change, rather than my unnumbered chapters! Something I
haven't explored yet with org-mode is exporting to LaTeX, but it sounds
like these numbers can be made to appear after export. I'm not yet a
LaTeX user, so I may wait to explore that until I get to it.

Best!
steven