[O] Creating changelog with magit

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] Creating changelog with magit
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 23:42:07 +0200

Hi List,

reading this

,--------------------------------------------
| http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html
`--------------------------------------------

I find:

,-------------------------------------------------------------------
| If you are using magit.el in Emacs, the ChangeLog for such entries
| are easily produced by pressing C in the diff listing.
`-------------------------------------------------------------------

but when doing so with point on a staged changed in the magit-status
buffer, I get a meager

,-------------------

| * org.el:
|
| # <<comment text>>

`-------------------

instead of something more useful like this:

,-------------------
| org.el:
|
| * org.el(foo):
|   (bar):
| * ox.el(doo):
|   (daa):
|   (dee):
|
| # <<comment text>>

i.e. magit does not detect which files/definitions have changed and already
offers the template for all changes of the current diff to HEAD.

Am I doing something wrong or is this all there is?

--
cheers,
Thorsten