[O] Help needed - export markdown is it supposed to pre-pend html?

From: Rick DeNatale
Subject: [O] Help needed - export markdown is it supposed to pre-pend html?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:59:23 -0400

Hi, I'm a fairly new org mode user.

I'm trying to export to markdown and I can't understand the output:

For example with the simple org mode buffer

* Top level headline
** Second level
*** Third level
    Some text
*** Third level
    More text
* Another top level headline

When I export with C-c C-e m M
I end up with the resulting buffer:

<h2>Table of Contents</h2>
<ul>
<li><a href="" Top level headline</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="" Second level</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="" Third level</a></li>
<li><a href="" Third level</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a href="" Another top level headline</a></li>
</ul>

# Top level headline

## Second level

### Third level

Some text

### Third level

More text

# Another top level headline

Is this expected? or is there something wrong with my installation?

M-x org-version gives
Org-mode version 8.2.5h (8.2.4h-94-g91175a-elpa @ /Users/rick/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140331/)

I installed then used M-x customize-variable RET org-export-backends RET to turn md on.

--
Rick DeNatale