Re: [O] PATCH -- allow user to set minted style

From: Michael Weylandt
Subject: Re: [O] PATCH -- allow user to set minted style
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:15:54 -0400

On Apr 4, 2014, at 16:24, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> Michael Weylandt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> - The minted style isn't passed as a package option so I'm not sure
>> how org-latex-packages-alist helps.
>
> You can add a string at the end of `org-latex-packages-alist' that will
> be inserted in the header.

Didn't know that -- thanks! Perhaps the docstring could include that.

> Anyway, since there is no reliable way to detect if a package will be
> required at Org level, this patch cannot work properly.

Not sure I follow: I'm piggy-backing on the same condition Org uses to
determine whether to insert \minted blocks for source code.

> Note that you can also write a filter that will insert
> "\usemintedstyle..." when "\usepackage{minted}" is detected in the
> output.

Indeed; I've done that just now.

For anyone who wants it:

(defun org-latex-minted-style-filter (contents backend info)
(if (string-match "\\usepackage{minted}" contents)
(replace-regexp-in-string "usepackage{minted}"
(format "usepackage{minted}\\\\usemintedstyle{%s}"
org-latex-minted-default-style) contents)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions
'org-latex-minted-style-filter)

Anyways, even if the idea is rejected thanks for taking a look and for all your
work on Org Mode.