[O] Source code to check URLs in an org mode document?

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] Source code to check URLs in an org mode document?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 21:23:11 -0500

Hi,

One of my documents has ~200 HTML links in the footnotes.

Wondering how folks check the links?

My goal is that:
1. Each footnote with a URL is evaluated
2. They are evaluated to determine whether the URL is valid
3. Check whether or not the page exists
4. Add some indicate in the footnote that it was found not to be up on
some date.

This might require some custom coding, no?

Regards,

Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, AMA, COG, FSF, IEEE, Sigma Xi
address@hidden | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson