Re: [O] Images not showing up in PDF output

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Images not showing up in PDF output
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 09:46:39 -0700

Hi Mark,

> On Saturday,  5 Apr 2014 at 05:59, Mark S. wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was able to export a subtree as PDF, but the images don't show
>> up. The images do export in HTML, and I can see that there is LaTeX
>> code for it. It looks like this:
>>
>>   \includegraphics[width=10em]{./Periodicals.org_20140402_202538_4928DjL.png}
>>
>> Are there settings or additional add-ons that I need to produce the images?

In addition to Eric's advice, I would recommend that you check that this
image is in the right directory, relative to where the .tex file lives,
and relative to where LaTeX is being run.  (Check the compile log to see
if there are errors about not finding the image, or try to compile the
exported .tex by hand, without the -interaction nonstopmode option which
I believe is Org's default.)

I have sometimes run into problems (mostly with BibTeX) when the
exported .tex file doesn't exist in the directory where
org-latex-pdf-process is run: even though the paths may look right in
the .tex file, if the other files used in the compilation (.aux, etc.)
don't end up in the right place, relative paths can break.

Best,
Richard

(If possible, please encrypt your reply to me using my PGP key:
Key ID: CF6FA646
Fingerprint: 9969 43E1 CF6F A646.
See http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rwl/encryption.html for more information.)