Re: [O] Kill ring contains non-killed output after an export

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Kill ring contains non-killed output after an export
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:46:01 -0700

Konstantin Kliakhandler <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:
>> The behavior you are seeing is as expected, though I agree that this
>> behavior is usually not all that useful.  See the variable
>> org-export-copy-to-kill-ring if you want to turn it off.
>
> Thanks! Now the export is much more usable for me. Out of curiousity,
> what is the use case of the default behavior?

I have no idea...if I had to take a guess, it would be that when
exporting a region as a LaTeX *snippet*, such as a table, it could be
useful to yank the resulting code into another buffer.  But I really
can't think of a situation where yanking a whole .tex document from the
kill ring is preferable to just visiting the exported file/buffer.  So
I'm all for changing the default behavior.

Best,
Richard