Re: [O] sending emails from org

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] sending emails from org
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:24:29 +0100

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have two questions concerning sending subtrees as emails.
>
> 1) Which properties are supported by org-mime - I could not find a list
> or an example of an email from org.
>
> 2) I am using gnus and have the following hooks to add automatic signing
> of emails:
>
> ,----
> | #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> | (add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)
> | (add-hook 'message-s'etup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)
> | #+end_src
> `----
>
> These hooks are not called when composing emails in org. Is this on
> purpose, or to gnus specific?

I've found that I have to have some commands both in '.emacs' and in '.gnus',
and I use the same code to sign my emails in gnus. I've never tried writing an
email in org-mode, but if I was I'd tend to use a snippet from 'YASnippet', or
write my own for it. I've always believed in writing emails in gnus, and using
org-mode for TODOs, documents, etc.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.1