Re: [O] open in browser after html export?

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: [O] open in browser after html export?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:13:31 -0400

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> As I understand the manual, when I export to HTMl with C-c C-e h o,
> the .html file thus created should open up in my default browser,
> right?  Instead, it get is being opened in a new window inside Emacs,
> and does not appear in a browser.  i imagine I have some variable set
> to a bad value somewhere -- but what variable should it be? I have
> checked that browse-url and browse-url-firefox both work well on
> in-text url's.  Anyone know how org decides how to open an html file?

You need to start with the org variable org-file-apps.  There you can define
the programs that are used to open various files.  In your case, you probably
just need to modify the x?html? entry to point to your browser.

This is not on windows, correct?

just do an Meta-x customize-apropos RET org-file-apps RET

modify it accordingly, and you should be in business.

I'm running org-mode on emacs under Cygwin under Windows 7, and I can open
html files in Chrome, and pdf files in Adobe Reader with no problems, once I
set this variable correctly.

Dave