Re: [O] [RFC] Properly handle keyword + COMMENT keyword

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Properly handle keyword + COMMENT keyword
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 21:42:26 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Speaking of consistency, I noticed this minor glitch:
>
> * NEXT COMMENT A headline [0/2]
>
> - [ ] A
> - [ ] B
>
> * NEXT [#A] [1/2] COMMENT Another headline
>
> - [X] A
> - [ ] B
>
> See that the second COMMENT is not fontified and I think
> it will not be processed correctly.
>
> Now that COMMENT will not be always the first word of a
> headline, we should mention that TODO keywords and priority
> cookies are allowed before a COMMENT keyword, while stats
> cookies are not.  (Or allow stats cookies for simplicity's
> sake.)

COMMENT has to be at the start of the headline text, which starts after
any TODO keyword and priority character (see `org-heading-components').
So the COMMENT keyword in the second headline is not valid.

The manual specifies:

  Also entire subtrees starting with the keyword ‘COMMENT’ will never be
  exported

We could be more explicit. In any case, COMMENT cannot be put anywhere.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou