Re: [O] total time spent on a task

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: [O] total time spent on a task
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:29:09 -0400

Christoph Groth <address@hidden> writes:

Hello, Christoph!

> I’m looking for a quick way to check the total time spent on a task.  I
> bet I’m missing something obvious.  (I have set
> org-clock-mode-line-total to today, so I do not see the total time of a
> clocked-in task in the mode line.)

C-c C-x C-d (org-clock-display) will show the task times as overlays on
the headings. If you want something exportable, you can use C-c C-x C-r
(org-clock-report) - see the info page for "The clock table" for lots of
options. If you want the number of minutes in Emacs Lisp, use
(org-clock-sum-current-item) for the current item or (org-clock-sum) to
add totals to all, then go to the heading and get the :org-clock-minutes
property.

Hope that helps!

Sacha