Re: [O] babel and long-running computations

From: Julian Gehring
Subject: Re: [O] babel and long-running computations
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:47:30 +0200

Hi Christoph,

Generally, org-babel is suited for long running computations.  Its
caching can help you avoid rerunning code chunks.  And long runtime does
not conflict with the idea of reproducible research, it just may be not
very comfortable for the user.

In my experience, one can avoid your problems best by structuring your
code and analysis in small, logical steps and save intermediate results,
such that you can restart in the middle of your analysis.  Otherwise,
all other frameworks for reproducible research I know have the same
"limitations".

Best wishes
Julian