Re: [O] [BUG] Cannot export a raw link

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Cannot export a raw link
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:06:53 +0200

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Indeed, please go ahead with this plan when you can.

Done.

> Also, `org-open-at-point' needs to correctly deal with links
> like mailto:address@hidden -- I think it used to
> work but the subject is not parsed correctly here.

I don't think it ever worked. According to `org-link-mailto-program',
Org provides its own syntax, which is

  mailto:address@hidden::Test

Unfortunately, this is also buggy at the moment. But, before fixing it,
I think we should decide which syntax we are going to support
(supporting both is sub-optimal, IMO).

FWIW, I vote for regular URI mailto:address@hidden That
implies to get rid of `org-link-mailto-program' and delegate the parsing
job to `browse-url', which can be configured, in this case, through
`browse-url-mailto-function'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou