Re: [O] Bug: Error with org-bibtex export with tags when using custom bi

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Error with org-bibtex export with tags when using custom bibtypes [8.2.5h (8.2.5h-82-gd91d4b-elpaplus @ /Users/leonardaveryrandall/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140324/)]
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:11:51 +0200

Hi Leonard,

Leonard Randall <address@hidden> writes:

> For some reason ignoring errors doesn't work for me. The new
> function, doesn't add a keywords field to non-standard bib entry
> types, it just puts the tags before the beginning of the bibtex
> entry, which would mess up the resulting bibtex file.

Can you provide a minimal example where I reproduce this bug,
along with your Emacs and Org versions?  It works fine here.

> The regexp functions I used are based on standard bibtex syntax, so
> they should work in all circumstances. I tested my fix under various
> conditions and with various variables set and it worked everywhere I
> tried it.

I trust you on that, it's just that using re-search-forward here
does not seem necessary -- also, you could send an email to the
bibtex.el maintainers about the error being cryptic anyway, and
maybe not needed at all.

> If you are worried about licensing, you could wait  to apply the
> patch until I receive and sign the license, but I think that it is a
> sufficiently small change that it should not be an issue.

I'd rather wait till the paperwork is done, it gives us more time
to sort this out properly.

Thanks again,

--
 Bastien