[O] sifted for agenda-view, sparse-tree underlying commands

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: [O] sifted for agenda-view, sparse-tree underlying commands
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 17:55:57 -0700

goal: to make better use of agenda-views and sparse-trees

strategy: to better understand what customization would be possible, should I need to consider them at some point (or even to be able to think about what commands they each are based on)

difficulty: planning out exactly how I'll use them

strategy: to have made the notes I made today, and keep them for reference as I slowly increase my use of these functionalities

action: send a copy of my notes from today to the gmane list, to feel a sense of accomplishment, pick a point at which to put this on the backburner, and put something up that I think I would have found useful as I was developing my use of these.

funny observation: would have been a while before I noticed what happens if you hit `C-c / c c c c c c c c c ...'

complement me: please feel free to find a way to parse this perspective into the worg or similar, or reinterpret for us.

(oops if someone already did this)

** the short list of relevant commands encountered in org-agenda, org-agenda-custom-commands and org-sparse-tree:

_org-agenda_
org-agenda-list
org-search-view
org-todo-list
org-tags-view
org-store-agenda-views

_org-agenda-custom-commands:_
org-agenda-list
org-todo-list
org-search-view
org-agenda-list-stuck-projects
org-tags-view
org-match-sparse-tree
org-occur

_org-sparse-tree_
org-sparse-tree
org-check-deadlines
org-check-before-date
org-check-after-date
org-check-dates-range
org-show-todo-tree
org-match-sparse-tree
org-occur

_unmentioned_
org-occur-in-agenda-files

** org-agenda (C-c a)

a org-agenda-list
s org-search-view
S org-search-view
t org-todo-list
T org-todo-list
m org-tags-view
M org-tags-view
e org-store-agenda-views
? org-tags-view nil "+FLAGGED"

** org-agenda-custom-commands (setq)

agenda      org-agenda-list
agenda*     org-agenda-list
alltodo     org-todo-list
search      org-search-view
stuck       org-agenda-list-stuck-projects
tags        org-tags-view
tags-todo   org-tags-view
todo        org-todo-list
tags-tree   org-match-sparse-tree
todo-tree   org-occur
occur-tree  org-occur

** org-sparse-tree (C-c /)

c    org-sparse-tree (to cycle)
d    org-check-deadlines
b    org-check-before-date
a    org-check-after-date
D    org-check-dates-range
t    org-show-todo-tree
T    org-show-todo-tree
T, m org-match-sparse-tree
p, P org-match-sparse-tree
r, R org-occur

*** describe function

t      Show all TODO entries.
T      Show entries with a specific TODO keyword.
m      Show entries selected by a tags/property match.
p      Enter a property name and its value (both with completion on existing
       names/values) and show entries with that property.
r      Show entries matching a regular expression (`/' can be used as well).
b      Show deadlines and scheduled items before a date.
a      Show deadlines and scheduled items after a date.
d      Show deadlines due within `org-deadline-warning-days'.
D      Show deadlines and scheduled items between a date range.

*** brief description in mini-buffer

[/]regexp
[t]odo
[T]odo-kwd
[m]atch
[p]roperty
[d]eadlines
[b]efore-date
[a]fter-date
[D]ates range
[c]ycle through date types:
    all                    "all timestamps"
    scheduled              "only scheduled"
    deadline               "only deadline"
    active                 "only active timestamps"
    inactive               "only inactive timestamps"
    scheduled-or-deadline  "scheduled/deadline"
    closed                 "with a closed time-stamp"
    nil?                   "scheduled/deadline"

Brady

PS org markup test: /italics/ _underline_ *bold*