Re: [O] (org-insert-headline '(4)) should insert new headline before poi

From: Leonard Randall
Subject: Re: [O] (org-insert-headline '(4)) should insert new headline before point
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 22:48:54 +0100

Sorry, I should clarify that the C-RET functions as expected in the content of an entry, it is only problematic when it is called from the headline.
All best,
Leonard

On 23 April 2014 22:42, Leonard Randall <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Bastien,
I just wanted to report an issue with this fix. In many use cases it makes C-RET less useful, and renders the speedkeys command `i' useless. It makes C-RET function much like M-RET, and it makes `i' insert headlines before any content.

So if I call C-RET in the middle of the following headline:
---
** Important Meeting
SCHEDULED: <2014-04-26 Sat 16:30>
headline content...
---
I get:
---
** Important

** Meeting
SCHEDULED: <2014-04-26 Sat 16:00>
headline content...
---
And when I use the speedkeys command `i' at the beginning, I get
---
** Important Meeting

**
SCHEDULED: <2014-04-26 Sat 16:00>
headline content...
---
Both of these break the scheduling cookie and defeat the main purpose of these commands.

Reverting the change restores expected behavior in these cases, but then I suppose we are left with York's problem.

All best,
Leonard

On 22 April 2014 10:23, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi York,

thanks for coming back to this.

York Zhao <address@hidden> writes:

> What I meant was that with one prefix argument, the command
> `org-insert-heading' should insert a new heading *before* the
> current heading, not after.

Actually, this has little to do with the prefix argument: when
at the beginning of a heading or a list item, M-RET should add
a new heading/item *before* the current heading/item.

This is fixed now, thanks for reporting this,

PS: Using C-u M-RET will force `org-insert-heading-respect-content'
to `t', i.e. add the headline at the end of the subtree.  As Nicolas
noted, this is the same than C-RET.

--
 Bastien