[O] org-bibtex-read error calling bibtex-parse-entry

From: Mathäus Meyer
Subject: [O] org-bibtex-read error calling bibtex-parse-entry
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:56:26 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I cannot get org-bibtex to work for me. Tried in a clean emacs -Q. Emacs-
Version: 24.4.50, org-vesion: 8.2.6

Calling org-bibtex-read leads, independent of the bibtex entry used on (I
tried everything, including the example of the org-bibtex-documentation), to
the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  bibtex-parse-entry()
  org-bibtex-read()
  call-interactively(org-bibtex-read record nil)
  command-execute(org-bibtex-read record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "org-bibtex-read")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

I am sorry if this is the wrong place, but I am not sure how to test if
bibtex-parse-entry is the real culprit. I would, of course, understand if I
cannot get help here for the pre-release snapshot of Emacs I am using.

Mathäus.