Re: [O] org-review-schedule

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] org-review-schedule
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:51:02 +0200

Hi Bastien,

On 2014-04-19 10:14, Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> thanks for sharing -- some comments:
>
> - you need to update the copyright of the file;

I changed the date. As I signed the FSF paper, do I need to change the
name as well and put mine?

> - example code in section 3 of the header is mangled;

I removed that example; it should not be in the file.

> - there are some dangling parentheses;

Are those parentheses on a line by themselves? I could not find them.

> - use (get-text-property (point-min) ...) instead of
>   (get-text-property 1 ...)

Changed.

> - I'd use org-review instead of org-review-schedule as prefix;

Changed.

> - maybe you can use "naked" timestamps like 2014-04-19 sam.
>   instead of inactive ones, this way using "[" in the agenda
>   will not create false positives by inserting entries with
>   a REVIEW property.

This is now the case by default, with an option to have inactive or
active time stamps.

> - I infer from a quick read that this works for the agenda but
>   I guess this could work for both the agenda and Org buffers;

It depends what "this" means ;-) My goal was to use it in an agenda
view, but most of the functionality does not depend on it.

> Since you took inspirationg from org-expiry, I guess some of
> the comments above would apply there too... feel free to hack
> into this directions for both org-expiry.el and org-review.el!
> Actually, maybe both should be merged somehow, since expiring
> is just reviewing entries to interactively delete them.

I'm still not sure where to take this ... I agree both are cases of
adding dates to entries and doing things according to those dates, but
I still need to think more about how to generalize it to cover both
cases.

I attach the new version. I would like to propose to add this to the
contrib directory, but I don't know the procedure to submit this code.

Thanks,

Alan