Re: [O] Update from exported agendas?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Update from exported agendas?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 13:16:58 +0200

Chris Poole <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I export my agenda custom views to plain text, so I can check things
> off as I go (without access to Emacs).
>
> I use `(org-agenda-prefix-format " [ ] ")` so I can easily add an "X"
> with my text editor on my phone.
>
> Is there any way to have this update the todo items that the exported
> agenda file was created from? (Say, changing NEXT state to DONE.)

I don't think this is possible. Without having looked at org-agenda.el I
guess that the connection between agenda entries and items in .org files
is realised with Emacs Lisp markers (enabling cmds like
`org-agenda-show' in agenda mode). These markers are lost when you simply
copy the agenda contents to a plain text file, so there is no connection
anymore with the Org files.

Maybe the elisp markers could be replaced by unique IDs for each entry
or links that allow the look-up of the associated entries, and you are
lucky and somebody aready figured out how to do this?

--
cheers,
Thorsten