Re: [O] Update from exported agendas?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Update from exported agendas?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 16:00:54 +0200

Chris Poole <address@hidden> writes:

> The only way I can think of doing it is, for each completed task out
> of the exported file, pull up the agenda view (that corresponds to
> that file), find that item, and mark it as DONE.
>
> Perhaps have this action on the opening of any file in the
> org-agenda-files list.
>
> I was just hoping it might have already been done so I don't have to
> start from scratch, seems like a logical thing --- presumably people
> just manually open up the agenda view for what they've just done away
> from the laptop, and mark things done, again...

I think people use dropbox or some git based setting to locally modify
agenda entries while being offline and synchronize later on. But they
use Org-mode to make the local changes, they don't do them outside of
Org-mode (except where exporters/conversion-tools between Org and other
calendar/planning apps exist).

To achieve what you want you should probably use Org-mobile or install
Emacs/Org-mode on all your devices and then sync via dropbox or git or
so.

--
cheers,
Thorsten