Re: [O] State of the art in citations

From: Clément B .
Subject: Re: [O] State of the art in citations
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 18:57:07 +0200

> It appears to work for multicite for me. Or at least well enough. If I
> select multiple entries, I get this:
>
> [[ref:Author1:YYYY,Author2:YYYY,Author3:YYYY][()]]
>
> I can then easily insert the text I want into the (). It exports
> properly to LaTeX as \cite{Author1:YYYY,Author2:YYYY,Author3:YYYY}.
>
> Maybe most people multi-cite more than me, but I think it is only a bit
> of extra work to add what I want in the () and then it exports properly
> to LaTeX and, using the references-via-LaTeX, to ODT/HTML too!
>
>   -k.

The problem is that you can't link to a bibtex entry,
[[ref:Author1:YYYY,Author2:YYYY]] is not picked up by org search
function of `org-open-file`. And even if it was, it couldn't link
to several entries at once. So to preserve the ability to jump
quickly to a reference, I quite like the export filter approach,
which I was unaware of (thank you Thomas! ).

Clément