Re: [O] org-review-schedule

From: AW
Subject: Re: [O] org-review-schedule
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:20:16 +0200

Am Sonntag, 27. April 2014, 10:09:35 schrieb Alan Schmitt:
> On 2014-04-25 10:02, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
> > Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
> >> I guess I should have asked: who decides what goes in contrib?
> >
> > The Org maintainer. Another option is to turn it into an ELPA package.
>
> I need to learn how to do this. In the meantime, I've put the code on
> github: https://github.com/brabalan/org-review
>
> Alan

I'm really interessted in a more sophisticated review system than to put
"REVIEW" on the list of TODO | DONE items. I guess you are having a good point
here and your code will improve orgmode.

But after reading your initial post and the README on github I'm not sure how
to use your code.

Could you complete your Example in the README, please?

1. Probably -- sorry, I'm lacking of lisp understanding -- we need to put the
file org-review.el into a place where Emacs can find it.

2. It is probably necessary to add (require 'org-review) before the code in
the example into the ".emacs" file, or am I wrong?

3. Usually people have something like

#+TODO: TODO INPUT ASK MAYBE | DONE

in their org-file or an equivalent in their .emacs file. What will happen to
such customisations?

In short, could you elaborate for users without much understanding of lisp?

Thank you for your time and effort!

Alexander