Re: [O] Is OrgMode really GTD compliant?

From: Rene
Subject: Re: [O] Is OrgMode really GTD compliant?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 17:18:53 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Lawrence <richard.lawrence <at> berkeley.edu> writes:
> I am not really familiar with the official GTD methodology, and I don't
> know exactly how you would normally represent the "energy needed"
> associated with a task, but here's a suggestion.
>
> It occurs to me that you could just use the A/B/C priority cookies to
> represent energy levels, since you don't want to use them to encode
> priorities.  Something like:
>   #A: need to be fresh
>   #C: can be wasted
>   #B: everything else
> or whatever would work for you.  If that's granular enough to represent
> your energy-needed levels, then it's a neat hack that requires zero
> customization.  Sorting and filtering by energy needed is then already
> built into the agenda functions, etc.  Just think "energy needed"
> whenever Org says "priority" (which isn't very often), and you're good
> to go.

That's exactly what I've been doing so far.  But that's not that convenient.
 The energy level appears in front of the action headline.  This adds noise
to the real action info.

I think I'll have to make the "Energy Level" an orgmode property that
appears in the :PROPERTIES: drawer of the action.

I'm not used to defining new properties in orgmode.  I'll try to define an
"Energy" property as well as functions like "org-agenda-cmp-user-defined" in
order to correctly use "org-agenda-sorting-strategy", unless someone has
already done so...