Re: [O] State of the art in citations

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] State of the art in citations
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:36:37 -0700

Hi Vikas,

Vikas Rawal Lists <address@hidden> writes:

> On 26-Apr-2014, at 6:56 pm, Clément B. <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>> - Should I use biblatex instead of bibtex?
>>
>> You should. It is very powerful and straightforward. The manual
>> is great.
>
> Is the choice so clearcut?
>
> A lot of bibliographic databases provide bibtex-compatible citation
> information. How do you deal with that, when you shift to biblatex?

As I recently learned (thanks to this list!), biblatex supports .bib
files.  So switching to biblatex is not an issue from this perspective:
you can continue to drop bibtex-compatible citation information into
your .bib file and use it with biblatex.

If ox-bibtex reads .bib files, that should continue to work, too.

Best,
Richard