Re: [O] exporting α/β to latex/pdf

From: Joost Helberg
Subject: Re: [O] exporting α/β to latex/pdf
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 21:26:11 +0200

Sharon,

the alpha and beta are encoded in UTF-8, these are passed through to the
latex-file. The correct symbols will only show up in the pdf if your
latex is UTF-8 capable.

Some latex-implementations are, you can use
  \usepackage[utf8x,math]{inputenx}
in your latex file, but I know, not all UTF-8 symbols are supported.
For alpha to come out: \newcommand\textalpha{\ensuremath{\alpha}}
is necessary (see
  http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2000
)

I couldn't get the beta to come out because it's not part of OT1.

Anyone a good suggestion for this? I think Sharon has a valid
expactation.

regards,

Joost

--