Re: [O] [ANN] Gnorb: Glue code between Gnus, Org, and BBDB

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Gnorb: Glue code between Gnus, Org, and BBDB
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 11:14:27 +0800

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha Eric,
>
> Perfect timing!
>
> OS X Mavericks broke the workflow I'd developed with Contacts and I've
> been looking to jettison the only Mac App I ever really used.  My
> earlier experiments with bbdb generated lots of "friction".  I'm looking
> forward to the time needed to explore gnorb.

Let me know how it works out! Someone wrote to say I hadn't mentioned
package compatibility. I run the dev versions of all three of Gnus, Org,
and BBDB, which means BBDB 3! I'll make sure it works with the most
recent stable releases of those packages, though.

I know a lot of people still haven't moved to from BBDB 2 to 3, and it's
past time! I'd be happy to provide pointers if anyone's looking to take
the plunge.

Eric