Re: [O] Adding export option for babel language

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Adding export option for babel language
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 15:53:21 -0400

Hi Chuck,

On 2014-05-08 at 12:17, Charles Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'd like the python code blocks to behave just as they do now, but if I
>> have set (setq org-latex-listings 'pythontex) instead of (setq
>> org-latex-listings 'minted), then instead of wrapping python code blocks
>> with:
>>
>> \begin{minted}[]{python}
>> x+2
>> print x
>> \end{minted}
>>
>> It should wrap them with
>>
>> \begin{pyconsole}
>> x+2
>> print x
>> \end{pyconsole}
>>

> A quick-and-dirty approach to do just that much would be to write an export
> filter for `src-block' and maybe `inline-src-block', see
>
>    (info "(org) Advanced configuration")
>
>    http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-export-reference.html#filter-system
>
> and
>
>     http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/filter-markup.html
>

> Also, `C-h f org--filter TAB' should give you a buffer of such filter
> functions (and a couple of false positives) that you might browse.

I've briefly looked at the filters. Yes, it seems like that might be one
way to do this. But I have a hunch it is already implemented, and that I
just don't know how to access it or what variable to set.

See:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/ox-latex.el#n2280

Where Case 1 is no fontification, Case 3 is minted, and Case 2 is
custom. I can see that if `custom-env` is set correctly, it wraps the
code exactly as I want above:

       (custom-env (format "\\begin{%s}\n%s\\end{%s}\n"
                           custom-env
                           (org-export-format-code-default src-block info)
                           custom-env))

But I'm not sure where to set custom-env, although I know I want to set
it to `pyconsole`.

  -k.