Re: [O] new to drawers

From: Dieter Schoen
Subject: Re: [O] new to drawers
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 00:38:15 +0200

At Sat, 10 May 2014 12:11:53 -0700,
Steven Arntson wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting drawers to collapse, and am wondering if I'm
> misunderstanding their nature. I make an active region in an org-mode
> doc on, for instance, "sample text" and invoke C-c C-x d, which invites
> me to name the drawer. I name it "test," and RET, which gives me:
>
> :test:
> sample text
> :END:
>

> ":END:" is colored green by org-mode, but "test" isn't.
>
> And it won't go through any kind of visibility cycle. I've tried [TAB]
> and shift+TAB, and shift+arrowkey, and don't get any response. Using
> emacs 24.3.1 and org 7.9.3f. What am I doing wrong?

i can confirm this behaviour, it's the same over here.
something is recognised as drawer if its name is either in the list
'org-drawers or defined in the current file with #+DRAWERS.

try to add "test" either to org-drawers
e.g.
(setq org-drawers '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "LOGBOOK" "RESULTS" "test2"))

or add it to the file's headers:
#+DRAWERS: HIDDEN STATE PROPERTIES BIG  low

and revert the buffer, if it's already open.
as a hint: in my settings, a drawer is colored green.
if you use an undefined string for a drawer name, it is white. so you quickly
see, if your string is a defined drawer.
and another, you can get completetions with TAB when you do C-c C-x d, your
string should be in the list.

kind regards,
dieter