Re: [O] Using Emacs, Org-mode and R for Research Writing in Social Scien

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Using Emacs, Org-mode and R for Research Writing in Social Sciences
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:26:28 +0200

Hi Vikas,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 02:57:19PM +0200, Vikas Rawal wrote:

> I have put the draft for comments at:
> https://github.com/vikasrawal/orgpaper/blob/master/orgpapers.org

Firstly a thank you for writing it.  I gave it a quick cursory glance,
seems nice and thorough, and very appropriate for your target
audience :).

> For whatever it is worth, here it is. Pointers to any errors as well
> as comments for improving it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I
> would be happy to contribute it to Worg, if people consider it useful.

Some comments: at places it seemed a bit too verbose, e.g. when you are
introducing some idea/technique.  I think it would be nice if you could
make it a bit more concise.  I also noticed a few things in the
formatting that looked LaTeX specific; e.g. \FloatBarrier after the
table on keybindings.  If you intend to include this in Worg, I think
you should remove these.  In fact you can explicitly target html.

That's it for now :).

Cheers,

--
Suvayu