Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups

From: dieter
Subject: Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:06:58 +0000 (GMT)

hi,

on my machine wanderlust hangs from time to time when i am inside the company
net and
the proxy has hiccups.
then C-g (sometimes several) usually help.

in the link below i found an interesting variable, debug-on-quit.
when it is set, emacs enters the debugger when you hit C-g.

sendings signal to emacs from external usually only kills it.
the only signal which i am aware of that can be caught is SIGUSR1.
i used to use it to notify emacs about network changes.

hope this helps,
dieter

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Infinite-Loops.html#Infinite-Loops